How to treat a dry cough?
During winter time, it's good advice to undertake the following recommendations to help prevent a dry cough for yourself or your family.
- Use a humidifier so that your nose doesn't dry out during the winter season in heated rooms
- Open the window 3 times a day to exchange the air in your rooms
- Drink 2–3 litres of water each day
- Ensure your room temperature is around 20–22°C, but only around 18°C in your bedroom
Help your immune system (to prevent dry cough):
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet: fresh fruits and vegetables, less fast food, drink a lot of water.
- Avoid stress, lack of sleep and smoking