Prevention is the best medicine
for chesty coughs.
The following 6 ways will outline to you how to prevent a chesty cough:
- Support your immune system with enough sleep, a healthy diet and avoid alcohol or smoking.
- Avoid very dry air. If necessary, use a humidifier to keep the air in a room healthy and moist.
- Stay away from infected persons as they can pass the viruses causing cold related chesty cough.
- Avoid shaking hands with people who have a cold. Unfortunately many people do still sneeze or cough in their hands and not in the elbow thereby contaminating their hands with viruses. This also leads to contamination of many surfaces in our environment (doorknobs, supermarket trolleys etc.) which allows the viruses causing e.g. chesty cough to spread and infect people easily.
- Pay close attention to your hands. Not touching the eyes or nose with the fingers will decrease the risk of infection.
- Wash your hands frequently with hot water and soap to avoid viruses spreading and causing infection of the airways which leads to common cold and cough symptoms.
In case you were not able to prevent a chesty cough, you can always trust the Bisolvon® Chesty and Chesty Forte cough range to help relieve the symptoms of your cough associated with a cold.